It will inform you of the following:
- What personal information is collected by the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- How the website complies with the provisions of POPIA;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security measures in place to protect against the misuse of your information;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
“Data Subject” – the person to whom the personal information relates (you as the client).
“Personal Information” – information relating to identifiable, living, natural persons or existing juristic persons including, but not limited to the following:
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address,telephone number, location information, online identifier or otherparticular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person;
- The personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
“Responsible Party” – a private body or any other person which alone or in conjunction with others, determines the purpose of and means of processing personal information (Guthrie & Theron Properties as an organization)
“Operator”– a person who processes personal information for a responsible party in terms of a contract or mandate, without coming under the direct authority of that party.
Compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act
The following explains how Guthrie & Theron Properties complies with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information in accordance with POPIA.
Processing Limitation, Purpose Specification and Further Processing Limitation
Personal information will be processed lawfully and in a reasonable manner that will not infringe on your privacy, this includes only processing the personal information to the extent that such processing is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
We only have access to and collect personal information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact with you. This personal information will not be sold or rented to any other person and were main the sole users thereof.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your personal information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request, e.g., to ship an order.
When information is sent to such third parties, steps will be taken to ensure that they are POPIA compliant.
Your personal information will not be retained for any longer than is necessary and once it is no longer be necessary it will be de-identified.
Information Quality, Openness and Data Subject Participation
We will only record the personal information in the exact manner you provided it to us in order to ensure that it is complete, accurate and not misleading. Should you notify us we will update this information to ensure that it remains correct.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do so by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website.
You can also door find out the following by contacting us:
- See what personal information we possess about you;
- Change or correct any personal information about you;
- Request that we delete any personal information about you;
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and it is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect personal information transmitted online, we also protect your personal information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. The computers/servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment.
We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that you are notified in the event of any breach of security, so that you can take steps to protect yourself.
You will only receive Direct Marketing if you consent to receiving such information or if you are one of our clients. You can opt-out at any time by contacting us.